It's been a long time, but in my previous place of employment the company
acquired another company running Interlink.  I recall a nightmare when it came
to converting ftp because of differences in option settings for things like the
handling of trailing blanks and the truncation or wrapping of data if data
exceeds the record length for a fixed length record.  I cannot remember if
there were differences in the default settings for ftp on the two products or
if
the customization in the two shops introduced the differences.

Since you are already familiar with the current set up, it might not be a big
deal to make sure the configurations have the same option settings.

Sheila Weissborn
Ohio Casualty Insurance Group