[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Ed Gould wrote on 08/16/2007 09:51:55 AM:

True but its only as current as the easy enhanced holddata.

I agree completely.  Enhanced holddata could be up to a week out-of-date.

<snip>

Just to make absolutely sure nothing had changed, I checked with the person who runs the Enhanced HOLDDATA process this morning. Here's how this works today:

Enhanced HOLDDATA is generated daily from the RETAIN transaction files by a scheduled job that runs in the early hours of the morning. When someone in Level 2 marks a PTF PE, the generation of the appropriate ++HOLDs is entirely automatic. The same happens if the PE flag is removed from an APAR, except that a ++RELEASE is generated.

We are aware of _no_ instance since the inception of Enhanced HOLDDATA in which it was ever a week out of date. (A day, perhaps, if a problem occurred when the job ran, but not a week! And those glitches are thankfully rare.)

However, note that if you use a browser to display the HOLDDATA from the website, your browser might use a cached copy depending on your settings. That can make it appear as though the HOLDDATA is out of date. If you download the file and look at it, however, you will see the current data.

If you do that now, you can see that the HOLDs are current through 07228--that's yesterday, as I'd normally expect.

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing