From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Johnny Luo
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 8:16 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: LPA Module Size 80MB impact on system?

Interesting. From my little knowledge, there are (only?) two places
where
AC(1) matters:

1. EXEC PGM=XXX   If the module is from a APF lib and with AC(1),
JSCBAUTH
will be set on which means the whole job step will run in
APF-authorization
status.

2. ATTACH RSAPF=YES  The same logic is used to reset JSCBAUTH. Before
doing
this, JSCBAUTH needs to be set off if it's already on. And the caller
must
be in supervisor state or system key.

As for the above example, since the module is in LPA which means it'll
be
treated as having been loaded from an APF lib, it can be invoked by an
APF-authorized job step. Unless it's invoked via ATTACH RSAPF=YES, AC
code
doesn't matter.

However, is the module in LPA also treated as having AC(1)?  I'm not
sure.

And it makes me think of another question: After a module is loaded into
JPA, is the information of this copy (whether it's from an APF lib and
its
AC code) stored in some system control blocks? My guess is yes. If the
module is RENT, the same copy will be reused. So the info must be stored
somewhere.

--
Best Regards,
Johnny Luo