Just to be clear, that command operates at the file system level, when an
entire HFS or ZFS is being deleted. That doesn't do anything when an
individual file within an HFS or ZFS is being deleted.

Bill

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:15:20 +0200, R.S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Mark Jacobs wrote:
>> Is there a command or program available to erase the data in a file that
>> resides in an HFS or ZFS filing system prior to its deletion? Our
>> security officer asked me and I wasn't able to find something on my own.
>
>Yes. It's RACF feature. Simply alter relevant DATASET profile and
>changed SETR options to accept the flag in the profile.
>I.e.
>ALD 'OMVS.MY.DATA.**' ERASE
>SETR ERASE
>
>It works for any dataset.
>
>HTH
>--
>Radoslaw Skorupka
>Lodz, Poland
>

>--
>BRE Bank SA
>ul. Senatorska 18
>00-950 Warszawa
>www.brebank.pl
>
>Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy
>XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego,
>nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
>NIP: 526-021-50-88
>Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2007 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w
caoci opacony) wynosi 118.064.140 z. W zwizku z realizacj
warunkowego podwyszenia kapitau zakadowego, na podstawie uchwa XVI WZ z
dnia 21.05.2003 r., kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA moe ulec podwyszeniu do
kwoty 118.760.528 z. Akcje w podwyszonym kapitale zakadowym bd w
caoci opacone.