R.S. wrote:
Mark Jacobs wrote:
Is there a command or program available to erase the data in a file that
resides in an HFS or ZFS filing system prior to its deletion? Our
security officer asked me and I wasn't able to find something on my own.

Yes. It's RACF feature. Simply alter relevant DATASET profile and changed SETR options to accept the flag in the profile.
I.e.
ALD 'OMVS.MY.DATA.**' ERASE
SETR ERASE

It works for any dataset.

HTH
I don't mean the actual ZFS or HFS dataset, I was asking about individual files in the filing system.

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

Pound pastrami, can kraut, six bagels -- bring home for Emma.

Isaac Edward Leibowitz (Saint Leibowitz)
A Canticle for Leibowitz