Bill Godfrey wrote:
On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:21:18 -0500, McKown, John wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Philip Miscione
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 2:07 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Mainframe FTP

I am trying to figure out where or how  the port command gets built in
this FTP job, I want to change it to

PORT 161,221,112,120,8,158

I can't find it anywhere in the JCL or sysin ?

331 Password required for mainframe.

EZA1701I >>> PASS

230 User mainframe logged in.

EZA1460I Command:

EZA1736I get deposits.txt 'P.SXA2X0.XD01.XXXX.BDEPOS(0)' (r

EZA1701I >>> PORT 161,221,112,20,8,158

200 PORT command successful.

TIA
That is dynamically generated by the FTP server. I am not aware of any
way to "hard code" it to some other value. In fact, it may (and likely
will) vary over time. This is a part of the "passive" or "firewall
friendly" protocol for ftp.

The PORT command is not used in "passive" ftp.
In "passive" ftp, the port information for the data connection is passed from server to client in the "227 Entering passive mode" message.

Bill

When using passive FTP both sides tell the other side what port it will use. The client tells the server what port it will use to initiate the connection on the PASV command, the server tells the client in "227" message.