On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:57:47 -0500, Kenneth E Tomiak wrote:

>A few posts back the OP stated:
>To return on the 120 interface instead of the 20 FE/osa card interface
>We have two FE/OSA cards
>
>Which sounds to me like he is really asking how to get the other end to use a
>different IP address to come back on. Confusing the port as something to do
>with which OSA card traffic will run on. The other end is going to know the IP
>address you came from and try to go back to it.

Years ago I used a non-IBM FTP client on MVS that simplified the process of
transferring between two hosts, neither of which was at the address of the
client ftp program. You had to connect to both hosts and login to both hosts
before you could do a transfer. The first host you connected to was
designated as the "A" host and the second was the "B" host. You could prefix
your commands with a host prefix, as in "a:cd pub".

There is a Cisco web site documenting a very similar FTP client.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ioss390/ios390ug/
ugftpc1.htm

With a client program like this, the PORT commands are all under the covers,
like they should be.

I doubt that an FTP client program that does not have a feature supporting
this kind of transfer can be fooled into doing it.

Bill