David wrote:
>>In other words, if a poster identifies himself with a .com address of
a >>legit company say a bank in Hong Kong then I will be happy to help
if I >>can. It's when the .com is a generic ISP such as Gmail or Yahoo
that I >>start to question who it is asking for help. They can RTFM.

David,

I half agree with you... If a person is not prepared to register to the
list with his company email address, it just tells me that probably 99%
of the time he will not pass the requirements sometimes found at the
bottom of emails...

"The view of the sender does not necessary reflect the views of this
company"

What I do not agree with is this... A large bank in Hong Kong have a
much larger training budget, than the smaller .com, also when the person
from the smaller company asks a question, it gives people on the list an
idea, no1. where there are more companies to go and work for when NYSE
gets rid of 1500 MIPS to go to AIX. Also it gives the trainers/sw
salesmen on the list a better chance to target those companies in which
there are a lack of knowledge.

Regards

Herbie (from an unknown .com... that is really a part of USBank, at
least until April 2004 when they move the mainframe work back to
Minneapolis)

Elavon Financial Services Limited
Registered in Ireland: Number 418442
Registered Office: Block E, 1st Floor, Cherrywood Business Park, Loughlinstown,
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Directors: Robert Abele (USA), John Collins,  Terrance Dolan (USA),  Pamela
Joseph (USA), Declan Lynch, John McNally, Malcolm Towlson
Elavon Financial Services Limited, trading as Elavon, is regulated by the
Financial Regulator