Thompson, Steve wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of John Eells
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 9:09 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ServerPac Installs and dataset allocations

<SNIP>

The data set space allocations are not the result of a logic problem. The logic is WAD (or BAD, if you prefer). As I said before, the
allocations are intended to make sure the RESTORE job runs and that the
resulting data sets have *some* free space.
<SNIP>

Then why was an APAR taken?
Mind you, that was at z/OS 1.4. Wish I were still at that customer site
so that I could give you the APAR numbers.

Without the APAR numbers, it's a bit hard to say (smile), but in any case, I was talking about the current code, not history.

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing