On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:46:30 +0000, Ted MacNEIL wrote:

>>No manual configuration or profile changes were made. Only the hardware
microcode.

>Then, I really don't understand what kind of state you're in.
>
>>I kind of hesitate to issue reconfiguration commands right now.
>>This is our most loved LPAR.

snip!

>I have never taken the processors away from an image before CONFIGing them
offline, first.
>I have no idea what state the LPAR would be in, in that case.
>
>I would hope that PRSM & z/OS, together, would not allow it.

CUOD is a completely different situation.

Hal was doing a concurrent UPGRADE.  The upgrade consisted of reducing the
number of processors from four to three and increasing their speed.  If the
concurrent upgrade had required that the LPAR with four logical processors
had required that one processor be CONFIGed offline first, that would hardly
have been non-disruptive, would it?  I'm not surprised that it worked as it did.

--
Tom Marchant