Sorry to be a pedant - and just to make a VERY minor splash on (re)entry
to the pool that is IBM-MAIN :-) ....

I feel the phrasing "to help bring the performance index into line with
the goals" is a little awkward, having dimensional incompatibility built
in.  Something like "to help bring the performance index closer to 1"
might be better. But it's still ugly. :-)

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer
Performance Consultant
IBM United Kingdom Ltd