Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:41 PM
Subject: Netview & SA

Dear Listers

I am quite new to automation using System Automation & Netview. I am trying to implement a simple scenario for the sake of understanding before I go to real implementation. What I want to implement is trap a message like IEA631I and make the automation issue an MVS command D T.

For this I have setup Netview SSI address, Netview address and Automation addresspace, all came up properly. I added an MVS component and selected message processing as below, Command ===> SCROLL===> PAGE
  Entry Type  : MVS Component         PolicyDB Name   : TEST
Entry Name  : TESTCOMPONENT         Enterprise Name : TEST
  Define message IDs and their automation actions.
CMD = Command  REP = Reply  CODE = CODE  USER = User Data  AUTO = UP Msg
Action Message ID Cmd Rep Code User Auto
         Description
cmd        IEA631I

 I selected CMD option and entered as below for command processing,

 CMD Processing                    Row 1 of 21
Command ===> SCROLL===> PAGE
 Entry Type : MVS Component         PolicyDB Name   : TEST
Entry Name : TESTCOMPONENT         Enterprise Name : TEST
 Subsystem  : MVSESA
Message ID : IEA631I
 Enter commands to be executed when resource issues the selected message.
 Pass/Selection Automated Function/'*'
Command Text
 MVS D T

Finally, I attached the MVS component to the system and did I built of the policy from customization dialog. I coded MPFLST to forward IEA63I1 to NETVIEW, followed by SET MPF.

I restared netview/SSI and automation address space. However, the automation did not work. Am I on right track please?

 TIA
 Arun