On two of our systems we are/were running with ESQA at 112% and hence ECSA
converted. Last weekend one of those systems was finally migrated to 1.8 and I
was finally able to convince the powers that be that ESQA should be increased
so that we're not converting ECSA anymore (which isn't all *that* big, either).
Right after IPL the VSM_PVT_LIMIT check started complaining

HZS0004I CHECK(IBMVSM,VSM_CSA_CHANGE): 559
IGVH102E EPVT Change Limit Exceeded

Well, given that VSM retains the values from the IPL *before* this and
compares, what does HC expect???? In my opinion, there should be a cross-check
build in that checks if *at the same time* ESQA/ECSA has gotten bigger, which
easily explains why EPVT got smaller! And in such a case (correcting a 'bad'
setting foe ESQA) the EPVT check should not give out a CC8. If any, it should
be a cc4 *at the highest*.

Same goes for below-the-line.

Regards, Barbara Nitz