In a message dated 10/3/2007 10:19:53 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>Just to nit pick a little...  It is not a 0C4, but a PIC 4.   0C4 is not an
interruption, but the abend code that MVS produces when it is  unable to
resolve the program interruption.

Ah, good catch.  I should have caught that one since I got burned by  the
same nit many months ago.

Also, speaking of the system trace (in my earlier post), there is a  treasure
trove of educational data in there on z/OS behavior and not just on  0C4s and
PIC 4s.  Study it some time.

Bill  Fairchild
Plainfield, IL

"Common sense eventually will prevail not  because it is common sense, but
because continuous violation of common sense  produces collapse." [Henry Makow]