In a message dated 10/7/2007 1:30:54 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>I cannot fully understand what you mean by 'self-terminate'.

>As I know, when the initiator is started the address space will  always be
there ready for the incoming job assigned by JES.

One out of every few thousand jobs that pass through an initiator will do
something bad that causes the initiator code itself to break.  That's what  I
meant.  Also the initiator code is not perfect.  Once in a great  while a bug
is
found somewhere in IBM's code.  An initiator is more  permanent than many
other things, but if it should go away and your module goes  away then what
will
happen to the next user who executes your missing SVC?   The point is that you
should find some SERIOUSLY permanent way to load your  module.

If you are planning to LOAD the module, then I think you might be  interested
in using the LOAD macro to do it.  If so, then read the LOAD  macro doc and
you will quickly see how to find out how long the module is.

Bill  Fairchild
Plainfield, IL