On 5 Oct 2007 14:50:04 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Paul Gilmartin)
wrote:

>I suppose that if our lunchtime is 1800 UTC, the clock for Canberra
>could be adjusted to show 1800 whenever it's lunchtime in Canberra.
>This would work middling well except for an employee based in
>Canberra who happens to visit the home office.

In my office, "lunch time" can last about 3 hours - I eat at 11:00 -
the guy in the next cube over eats at 1:00.    This is advantageous
when we need someone able to respond at all hours.

Offices that support customers in multiple time zones often encourage
business units to have workers who come in early and workers who come
in late - maximizing the time when workers will be available.