On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:57:41 -0500, Mark Zelden
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Does the recommendation change on the release boundary? If not, will
>supported versions of HC be changed via APAR?

Mark,

     "Setting Up a Sysplex" has documented the recommendations as follows
since at least z/OS v1R6:

"The primary sysplex couple data set should be on a different volume from the
primary CFRM couple data set."

and

"All other primary couple data sets can reside on one volume, and all other
alternate couple data sets can reside on another volume, ...  However, be
sure to monitor these data sets, and consider placing any high-activity data
set on its own volume. (For example, the LOGR couple data set might be a
candidate for its own volume.)"

So by unconditionally requiring the Logger primary CDS to be on a volume
separate from both sysplex and CFRM primary CDSes, Health Checker has been
out of synch for a while.  I recommend that you pursue this as a defect
through normal service channels if you'd like it corrected at current releases.

     Bill Neiman
     XCF Development