I know that is vague. What has happened is that somebody with political
clout is strongly pushing the idea that having two separate z/OS images
on a single CEC (separate LPARs of course) would be "better" than having
a single z/OS system. They have not defined "better". We have not
decided on how to implement this. I know of three possibilities, in my
order of desirability: (1) Parallel Sysplex; (2) basic sysplex; (3)
separate monoplexes.

Is there anything that documents, in a single place, what CANNOT be done
in the various environments? As an example, a JES2 MAS requires at least
a basic sysplex. If we go to separate monoplexes, then the JES2s could
only communicate via NJE. Is there ANYTHING that I can do in a single
image that I cannot do in a parallel sysplex (other than share memory,
VTAM LU names, and IP addresses)?

Many thanks from a rather upset sysprog.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.