It kinda depends on how your work is separated.  We have a production
LPAR and a development/test LPAR.  We IPL production and off it goes
whether test is up or not; there's no waiting for test.

Jon

<snip>
If you have one machine, and
it crashes or loses power, then your whole sysplex crashes, and your
outage
is probably longer because you have to start 2 Lpars and connect them
before
starting your work back up.  Granted, if one Lpar crashes, the other
will
keep going.
</snip>