On Oct 23, 2007, at 3:17 AM, Zaromil Tisler wrote:

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 08:54:31 +0100, Kenny Fogarty wrote:

I agree, but, if the wrong date, or IPL parm, or whatever is entered,
then the chances are you're going to have to re-IPL to rectify the
situation. As you said above, if RACF doesn't start, you can go back
to see why, and take steps to fix the issue.

I wish the person this had happened to would pipe up, but to set the record more precisely because of a bad date RACF (This is hear say) did something to the (RACF) database that essentially rendered the system not operatrional. Just by IPLing (again) with the correct date was too late as the RACF database unusable. I do not know if they had backups or any specifics. I heard they were down for a day or so. Luckily this was a weekend.

Ed