On Oct 23, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Edward Jaffe wrote:

Ted MacNEIL wrote:
I was under the impression that data sets in the APF list were ineligible for migration.

Nope!

ARC1001I apf.authorized.data.set MIGRATE FAILED, RC=0099, REAS=0014
ARC1299I UNSUPPORTED DATA SET FOR MIGRATION

ARC1299I UNSUPPORTED DATA SET FOR MIGRATION

Explanation: DFSMShsm was considering if a data set was eligible for a space management operation and determined that the data set type is one that DFSMShsm does not process, by command or automatically, regardless of the selection criteria being applied. The name of the data set is given in
the preceding ARC1001I message or the associated ARC0734I message. The
return code field in the ARC1001I or ARC0734I message has a value of 99
(to correspond to the ARC1299I message). The reason code field in the
ARC1001I or ARC0734I message lists the reason that DFSMShsm could not
space manage the data set.

Reascode  Meaning
14 The data set is an authorized program facility (APF) authorized
         library.

--

Ed,

Somewhere back in the mist of time Late 1990's(?) I *THOUGHT* IBM stated that if you specified a dsn as SMS managed it (the system) would not care what dasd volume it was on (in otherwords it kept the apf authorization after recall. This really sticks in my memory. I think this issue arose out of SMS conversions in the 90's as a reason not to go SMS. IBM (I Think) indicated in the future this would be fixed.

Does anyone else remember this?

Ed