From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Peter Relson
Sent: 24 October 2007 12:56
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Healthcheck ((IBMCSV,CSV_APF_EXISTS)

I want to thank everyone for trying out these scenarios and letting us know the
results. Now I have some evidence with which to pursue this with the HSM folks.
I will report back if I find anything out ....

Perhaps Rob Scott and Allan Staller could confirm if Sam Knutson's and Ed
Jaffe's (and others) thoughts are correct, with respect to the actual APF list
entry.

The key pieces of data are:
-- is the data set SMS-managed or not that you are trying to HMIGrate?
-- is the APF list entry "by volume" or "*SMS*"?

So the 4 cases are
-- data set is SMS-managed, APF list entry is *SMS*
-- data set is SMS-managed, APF list entry is "by volume"
-- data set is not SMS-managed, APF list entry is *SMS*
-- data set is not SMS-managed, APF list entry is "by volume"

Obviously the 3rd case is not what you would want, but I included it for
completeness...

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html