>>  The problem occurred overnight.  Seems that user wanted to use the
same STORAGE CLASS name which exists in another partition - B.  (Both
>>  partitions A & B are independent of each other.  They do not share
dasd, catalogs etc.)

>>  This way he wouldn't have to change his jcls, procs.

>>  I created a STORAGE CLASS in Partition A, using the same name as in
Partition B.  However, now I have 400 dsns to Alter in Partition A so as
>>  use the new STORAGE CLASS.

>>  If there is something else I could have done, I would appreciate
knowing about it.  Please feel free to make suggestions.

Did you consider re-setting the storclas he used in your routines to the
storclas you wanted?  It would prevent changes to his JCL's & Procs and
you still would have assigned the StorClas appropriate for that partition.
dd keller

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally
privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the
addressee(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying,
forwarding or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof.

Thank you.