From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul
Schuster
Sent: 25 October 2007 17:25
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: EDTINFO DEVSTAT ?

Let me further expand:

I do a EDTINFO  RTNDEVN,UNITNAME=xxxx,DEVNLIST=DEVNLIST

to (for example) get the list of device numbers associated with UNIT=SYSALLDA.
All of these device numbers will have a UCB associated with them, but many are
'dummy' UCB's that have no real volume associated with them. (These are UCB's
that have been genned for future DASD expansion.)

Does doing a

EDTINFO  CHKUNIT,UNITNAME=xxxx,DEVLIST=,DEVCOUNT=,DEVSTAT=

provide me the status if a real UCB is at that device # address?

What I'm trying to accomplish is to build a list of on-line UCB's.  I know I
can do a UCBLOOK on each of the device #'s returned with the EDTINFO RTNDEVN
macro and then check if the UCB is online, but I am looking for something
faster.

Thank you.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html