I think someone covered this, but it would be best for you to have
separate mount points for different directories/users under /u/
(i.e. /u/steve/  would have it's own dataset, /u/mike/ would have it's
own dataset).

That being said, another way that you can expand the size of your
dataset, assuming you haven't hit a serious wall, is with the confighfs
command (look it up in your version's Unix System Services Command
Reference).  Do something like:

confighfs -x 50c /u/

to (attempt to) add 50 cylinders to the dataset where /u/ is mounted.

Aaron

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:18:40 -0500, Support, DUNNIT SYSTEMS LTD.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Be nice to novices. :)
>
>I tried FTP'ing a large file to directory /u/ on our z/OS system. This
failed
>because there was not enough space.
>
>However, the DASD volume itself has plenty of free space. What
needs to be
>done to allow more volume space to be allocated for directory /u/,
a.k.a.,
>dataset HFS.USERS?
>
>TIA.
>
>Jerry

>send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-
MAIN INFO