On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:29:43 -0500, Ron Wells
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Michael
>
>not dos I gather is the problem...it is somewhere in setup for m/f
>user...home directory and path when they log in ..

The z/OS Unix home directory is set in the RACF OMVS segment HOME
entry for that user.  That will be the same location that they end up if
they telnet/ssh in to the system.

In the config file referenced by the SYSFTPD card in your FTP proc, you
will have a STARTDIRECTORY entry which either set to MVS (for a MVS-
dataset home for the user) or HFS (for a z/OS Unix home for the user).

On a z/OS system, whether you are client or server, you change
directory to MVS datasets by surrounding your destination in tick
marks:

cd 'MY.MVS.DATASET'

or

cd 'MY.MVS.PDS'

If you want to change directory to a z/OS Unix location, remove the tick
marks:

cd /some/directory/

Aaron