Hi,

Our management has decided to upgrade one of our z890's.

IBM has recommended we upgrade to a z9 BC.

We currently have two z890 that are in a basic sysplex. We are running z/OS 1.7.

We also run a z800 that is not connected to the sysplex. The z800 is controlled
by the same HMC as the z890's.

As far as I remember the z9 BC uses a linux based HMC.

Do we have to use the Linux based HMC
If we do, can it control the z890 and z800 we will have in the HMC network.
Will it be able to work together with the other OS/2 based HMC we have.

TIA

Gadi