> In some cases we had flight numbers.  So with moderate effort
> you could reproduce the list of attendees.

Giggle.

I'd forgotten this bit until I got an email today. Hi, Peter - hope the fish
are OK.

The Connaught and the Hilton (for that was where IBM met) shared a courtesy bus
from Dublin
airport.  We didn't realise this until some people were already in the air, so
we had to book
a few cab companies to aggressively find and scrape away our people from the
arriving flight
before IBM saw any of them.

He he.  I have it on very good authority that a number of IBMers passed a cab
driver holdng up
a sign saying: "Phil Payne - Amdahl" without turning a hair.

--
  Phil Payne
  http://www.isham-research.co.uk