-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Gerhard Postpischil
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:33 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: z/OS 1.9 Features summary

Ted MacNEIL wrote:
>> The word Engineer is in my title as well.
>
> Unless you are a true P. Eng., you are not legally allowed to call
yourself (or have your company call you) an engineer.

> At least in Canada; I thought the US, as well.

In the U.S., there is no federal regulation to that effect, but rather
it varies from state to state. The only one I know that definitely
restricts the use is New Jersey (there was an article to that effect in
ComputerWorld a couple of decades back).
<SNIP>

Let's see, there is Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland...

And Texas and New Jersey were at one time playing with making Software
Engineer a reality. However, New Jersey thought that the board to
control the new Software Engineer group should report to Cosmetology.
This caused an uproar, and that got completely derailed as a
hair-brained idea (and no, I'm not joking).

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- Opinions expressed are strictly my own. --