From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Diehl, Gary (MVSSupport)
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:02 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: CNZ9003I Message

Chris,

If you're actually getting these, it's an improvement over what used to
happen when you IPL'd systems too closely together chronologically.
They used to either wait state, or go out to "la la land" and never
report back, load an OS, or wait state (green on HMC, "operating", but
no OS ever shows up).  Images/LPARs that are IPLd too close together
appear to be fighting over access to the CFs to check in to the PLEX,
and from what I've seen the CFs only seem to be able to check in one
system at a time in a very serial manner.

Wait until the LPAR joining the plex is responding to a routed D A,L
command and has at least one task started before performing the
load/activate on the next LPAR.  (alternately, wait 2-3 minutes between
activations, that seems to work as well)

Hope this helps,

Gary Diehl
MVS Support
"The glass is neither half full or half empty; the engineer who designed
the glass simply allowed for a 100% increase in fluid storage."