----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark S. House" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 10:27 AM
Subject: SMP/E change volumes on DDDEF in new Target Zone

I am cloning  a target region for maintenance.  I would like to find a
utility that will insert a VOLSER in the VOLUME parameter on the DDDEF.
Currently none of the DDDEF's  have volsser numbers in them.  The ZONEDIT
CHANGE command will not let me do a global change on VOLUME when the
VOLUME is nulls.

Ideally, what I would like to do is search the catalog for the dataset
name on the DDDEF, then extract the volser, and build REP DDDEF statements
to be used to update the new target library.

Mark,

Run the UNLOAD command to get the DDDEF's in UCLIN format. Then you'll have to hack the UCLIN yourself to add VOLUME and UNIT parms, and run the UCLIN through SMP/E.

Regards,
Tom Conley