UCLIN

There is a dump of the DDDEF's, you can bring that into ISPF, add the volume, then run it back thru UCLIN.

At 10:27 AM 11/7/2007, Mark S. House wrote:
I am cloning  a target region for maintenance.  I would like to find a
utility that will insert a VOLSER in the VOLUME parameter on the DDDEF.
Currently none of the DDDEF's  have volsser numbers in them.  The ZONEDIT
CHANGE command will not let me do a global change on VOLUME when the
VOLUME is nulls.

Ideally, what I would like to do is search the catalog for the dataset
name on the DDDEF, then extract the volser, and build REP DDDEF statements
to be used to update the new target library.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Mark House
(402) 778-1966
IBM Mainframe Systems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Brian W. France
Systems Administrator (Mainframe)
Pennsylvania State University
Administrative Information Services - Infrastructure/SYSARC
Rm 25 Shields Bldg., University Park, Pa. 16802
814-863-4739
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

Carl Sagan