But in z/OS 1.7 which kind of problem(s)  did you have ?

Max Scarpa

"Veilleux, Jon L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
07/11/2007 15.49
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Real storage usage  - a quick question

In z/OS 1.8 the memory management is much more conducive to large
memory. They no longer use the least recently used algorithm and no
longer check every page. This has made a big difference for us. Under
1.7 we had issues with large real memory sizes due to the constant
checking by RSM. This is no longer the case and we have increased our
memory dramatically with no performance hit.

Jon L. Veilleux
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(860) 636-2683