Todd Burch wrote:
When viewed from yet another address space, if I do get ASID 123 again, what
is there to identify this new instance of myself ( user XYZ on ASID 123 )
from the previous instance of myself?

You should read about STOKENs.

I checked the ASCB for a creation timestamp, but did not see one.  I checked
the ASXB  same there.  I did see an ASSB sequence number (ASSBISQN), but
dont know if this is what Im looking for.

ASCBINTS contains the time stamp.

My thinking is that there certainly should be a way to detect this via user
(or jobname), ASID and what?

STOKEN is the architected way.

--
Edward E Jaffe