>Perhaps I should have said something more along the lines of "If I want
>to exploit a zAAP processor with my own code, that code must be written
>in Java." Perhaps also with a note that my code might run IBM (or other
>vendor?) supplied code which might run on a zAAP (like XML is going to).
>But there is no way for be to LEGALLY get my COBOL code to run on a
>zAAP.

Well, if you write Object-Oriented COBOL then part of it runs in the JVM
so you would have partial zAAP exploitation.  And a future version of
Enterprise COBOL could exploit the XMLSS parser of z/OS...which would
offload some more cycles on to zAPP.  Can't tell you anything now, or
I would have to shoot you.  Of course, a vendor once told me if I had to
shoot him, I am IBM, and the bullet would be years late and miss anyway.
Ouch!  But it was funny...

Cheers,
TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<