George,

Yes you could define them as 9490, and as you have discovered you will need to install various modules to install the HCD UIMs, as HCD does not understand '9490'

However, there is little point in doing this as you can just as easily define them with Control Unit 3490 and Device Type 3490. I have been doing it this way evey since 9490s became available - never had a problem.

Regards

Roy

George Rodriguez wrote:
I'm trying to do a z/OS v1.7 HCD IODF, but I'm coming back with the
following SEV E error:

CBDA268I No Control Unit Information Table found for 9490.

According to STK support there's a USERMOD that I need, but I can't seem
to explain to support that I need 4 object modules to apply the USERMOD.
The 4 object modules are:

CBDUC094

SODDEFN

CBDEC094

SODPN01

Is there anyone on the list that can help me out?

TIA,

George Rodriguez :-)

(561) 357-7652

School District of Palm Beach County

3348 Forrest Hill Blvd.

Room B301

West Palm Beach, FL. 33406-5869

Rated "A" by the Florida Department of Education 2005, 2006 & 2007

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do
not want your e-mail address released in response to a public
records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.
Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.