From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark S. House
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:33 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: DFSMSHSM Full Volume Dumps off schedule

We are attempting to run full volume dumps prior to moving from one
system to another.  We use ARCCMD to set the DUMP for Saturday and
Sunday.  We want to run them on Friday night.  We modified the ARCCMD
and then cycle HSM.  However when we go to use the tapes on Friday
night, HSM will not let us use them.  We do not use RRS, or any other
real tape management system.
        How can we expire the tapes, and force the full volume Dumps to
run one day early.  Thanks.

Mark House
(402) 778-1966
IBM Mainframe Systems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

solely for the designated recipient(s).  If an addressing or
transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail.  Any review, dissemination, use or
reliance upon this information by unintended recipients is prohibited.
Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author
personally.

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html