Actually, the long link got me an 'you are not authorized', so I used google,
too, and found something from 8/7/2007, NOT from the ibm page, though.

Two words about it:

1. Ontop for EMEA customers: I think ontop is dead in EMEA. IBM consistently
refused to use ontop to look at a dump, always demanding the dump to be ftp'd
in. That was (and still is) a nuisance. A colleague then wrote a program that
allows us to ftp directly to IBM (don't ask me how), but without it we would
still send cartridges.
We have now deleted the environment.

2. I have just done some testing for standalone dump to a large dasd data set
(and fallen flat on my face while I was at it).
A word of warning: The UCB address(es) of the DASD data set are put into the
preallocated DASD data set. Make sure they don't change! (This may be what the
paper refers to as hiperswap, and I don't know what it is.) We mirror our DASD
and when we swapped, the ucb address for each volume changed to its mirror
while the former mirror became the primary. This failed sadump spectacularly!
(with a message that didn't tell me anything under 1.8. I am told it changed to
something meaningful with 1.9) We have now moved that data set to non-mirrored
DASD.

When things finally worked, the complete standalone dump of a 6GB real storage
fully loaded lpar took less than 10 minutes from dragging the icon for sadump
to dragging the icon for MVS IPL. Most of the time was spent by the operator
(not me) who needed to read what to input (three times enter with nothing to
type on the HMC, and a dump title in between).

I still need to test the biggest production lpar with 10GB real storage, just
to make sure it fits the DASD data set. And admittedly, to have an argument
against the prejudice that 'stand alone dump takes too long'.

Regards, Barbara Nitz