Keith Moe said
> Scheduling an SRB into the Master sure seem to be a touchy subject,  I
> have two observations/comments.
>
> First, since the SRB is a unit of work that is independent of any
existing
> dispatchable unit in the Master, any normal error that occurs within
it
> has
> no impact on any other work in the address space.  If it abends, it
> doesn't take a TCB with it.  (The SRB must still use appropriate
recovery,
> though.)

True! And let's not forget that every EOM RESMGR and EOM SSI broadcast
function (lots of them in fact) run in task mode in master. There is
already a load of work in master that runs there because that's where
the system designer's chose to run it. z/OS is an environment where you
tend to do what you have to do to get things done. If that means
scheduling work into master (or the JES) then "oh well". You have to
play by the rules and you have to get it right, but then I take that as
a given for any programming task.

CC