Ed,

Not matter how simple it sounds to hang a CADS on *MASTER*'s back like some
sort of "KICK ME" sign - if it was up to me to design the software I would
endevour to find a less intrusive method (like a CADS-owning STC).

Accessing the CADS afterwards would typically require storing the ALET
somewhere in some anchored storage. The CADS-owning STC can protect itself with
ESTAE and RESMGR to ensure that if the started task dies then the anchored
storage indicates this by some method that the CADS-using programs/exits
recognise.

The CADS-owning STC is worth it from an ISV point of view (IMHO) purely because
you do not want to be involved in any finger-pointing for problems in ASID(1).
Any issues in there and you can bet that once IPCS highlights your CADS
existence, then you are only a few minutes away from some problem ticket asking
you to prove/state that your software was not the cause of the system problem.

Rob Scott
Rocket Software, Inc
275 Grove Street
Newton, MA 02466