If the entries can be identified by a high level qualifier or two, IDCAMS
MERGECAT will do this for you. Just remember to update the alias in the master
catalog pointing to UCAT.A so that it now relates to UCAT.B.

REPRO  INDATASET  ( ICF.UCAT.A ) -
       OUTDATASET ( ICF.UCAT.B ) -
       LEVEL      ( what.ever ) -
       MERGECAT

Tom Chicklon

I have a running z/OS 1.7 system with two user catalogs attached to the
master catalog. Call the first A and the second B. Catalog B has all the tape
entries I want. How can I get all the tapes entries in catalog B into catalog A.
When I am done I do not want any of the original catalog A tape entries, just
the tape entries from catalog B into catalog A.