>What would it take for everyone to use it?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Clement Clarke

G'day Clem,

To get a site on board for anything like JOL, takes a significant push from
management and they like to see up to date and maintainable software that
they do not have to look after themselves.

My primary recollection as to why Shell Australia went back to JCL was the
scare factor of one person, which was you, being the sole supporter of a
software product that is an integral part of their production operations.
That seemed to scare the daylights out of management back then, and probably
would still do so now. There was also a concern as to the ability of the
product to survive operating system upgrades. I do no recall exactly when
they gave stopped using JOL.

Also, in my experience, documentation to install and run a product must be
spot on nowadays. Run across one small glitch and every site with
inexperienced personnel will stop right there and as far as they are
concerned the product is a dud.

Cheers,
Paul Gillis