I have a bit of empathy with both Dave and Ted.
Personally I like the idea of a percentage - even in an asymmetric
sysplex. Much easier.
Isolating specific work to a particular CEC ain't that hard. Setting
meaningful sysplex-wide goals gets interesting, but that's really a
different issue and has been covered before.
However, I have had requests along the lines of - "make sure X doesn't
get more than yy% of an engine" (or similar). This is easiest
accomplished with raw service units. Accommodates adding engines with
only minor errors - upgrades mean dragging out the slide rule again.

Shane ...