I've used it extensively and never had anything bad happen,
either tiny urls expiring or surreptitious.  Although, I guess
that's the nature of things surreptitious.  ;-)

How about including *both* the original long url *and* the tiny url?
Then the individual can decide between quick, potentially risky,
access and the joy of unwrapping a long one.

Re: 2007 Year in Review on Mainframes - Interesting> To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
> On Dec 19, 2007, at 5:12 PM, Eric Chevalier wrote:> > > On 19 Dec 2007
10:59:34 -0800,> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ed Gould) wrote:> >> >> Watch the
wrap...> >> > Have you checked out the website that Little_Nicky suggested?> >>
> Eric,> > I looked at it maybe 6 months ago and I just did not care for it.
One > of the items I was concerned about was the issue of hidden URL's. >
Myself I don't like clicking on an essentially hidden URL. Myself I > would
(and have done in the past) cut and pasted long URL's. Call it > paranoia but
too many phishing going on out there. The other item I > was concerned about
was how long it stayed on the server (TINYURL) it > was not clear to me how
long it was good for. I know that we "gently" > remind users to hit the
archives and if they need the info and it has > evaporated off of tinyurl it
won't do anybody any good. At least if > you get the person to the right server
(no guarantee of course) they > might be able to find it themselves. As we have
seen on here the > archives have now been split and that means quite a few
postings and > more to do research on.> > Ed