Ed Gould wrote:
Ed, I agree with your entry. I am puzzled though. I believe the last time we went through this discussion that if the sender puts the "<" (beginning and a ">" at the end everything should work. Was that not true or only in some cases?
I thought I had followed that advice when I posted the long URL.
My apologies to the group if I did not. I did go into my sent email box and the left and right "<>" signs were there (when it left here).

With an email client that understands hwo to properly handle URLs, no extra effort is required. You simply post in the URL -- whether long or short -- and it is not wrapped. For example, this should (hopefully) not wrap:

http://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid80_gci1280330,00.html?track=NL-576&ad=611332&asrc=EM_NLT_2483474&uid=279318

Manually adding extraneous characters before and after a URL might confuse even the "smartest" email client.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc