On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 02:49 -0600, Jason To wrote:
> any other thing we can do to implement to improve our batch further?

Striping works well in our environment.  We allocate more stripes
depending on the size of the dataset, up to the number of channel paths
available.

Hiperbatch might be worthwhile, but it's a pain to set up and you have
to do your own research to locate candidate datasets.

Redirect work datasets to VIO when you can.

Do you have lots and lots of little jobs?  WLM-managed initiators might
be helpful ("they're always there when you need 'em") though IMO they
tend to under-initiate.  Take a look at your catalog performance, too.

--
David Andrews
A. Duda and Sons, Inc.