------------------<snip>----------------

Works for me!!! But I HATE to use the RACF prefix capability. Just a
feeling, probably senseless.

I'm not sure why you feel that way, but you could always define the prefix
as John showed, and a GLOBAL DATASET member to allow prefix.NULLFILE, and
then define a DATASET profile of prefix.** with UACC(NONE) to block all
other single level names (if appropriate in your shop).

Got stuck in a situation where senior management kept appropriating the prefix for other uses. At one point, I was changing the prefix weekly. In spite of all my efforts to explain this to senior management, they remained clueless. I finally waited for a new release of RACF, then told them the capability was removed. Peace at last!!!

Why do so many senior managers seem so "know-it-all"-ish?? Too many "airline magazines" ??