From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Al Sherkow
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 9:15 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: No more text messaging from mainframe?

Hal --

The problem I had with cingular/at&t was with the accounts for the
phones.
My phones were set not to accept text messages (because now i need to
pay
for them and I don't have a messaging plan). so I had them add the
'default'
which is pay per use, and now it works.

Previously the messages were not delivered *and* they were not returned
as
undeliverable (or user unknown, or anything useful). they just
disappeared.

so check the plan for your phone.

good luck

Al