HI,

> You know many people who backup PC hard drives? To what? And some kind
of synchronized backup so when multiple restores need to be done the
application still works.

I can restore multiple backups in the same time. using Multi threading.

The data can be in the net or in the same Hard disk. MFNetDisk manage all
the backup. MFNetDisk have catalog of all the backups for each MVS device.

>TCP is a protocol, how do you make it faster? Can you make English faster?
The network speed will not be faster than your your slowest link. The
mainframe is about doing thousands of things per minute, NFS works because
it was not trying to handle the same workload as the mainframe.  I suppose
if
I care about speed then I must run my own intra-net wiring where I can
control the traffic on the wiring. The minute I use the inter-net, I am
subject
to routing beyond my control. IP V6 with prioritizing is not going to get
sub-
second response time between a mainframe on the west coast of USA and a
PC file in Nepal because all the links i between are not going to give a
hoot
that 'my' trafficreally is more important than 'your' traffic.

My product does not intent to replace the Ficon real 3390. But if a company
need to share disk in the net and to use all the nice (you said) features of
my product and to be aware that the speed
will be slower then the Ficon, then it is OK with me.

Also my product make net mirroring, all the company which use net mirroring
will have bad performance, That is a fact. Net line is a slower media then
local line.

>Sounds like you have a niche product for the home hobbyist, like Hercules.
Hercules on a PC is not expected to handle millions of credit card
transactions
per day. NFS on the mainframe gives access to a network file, there is no
claim you will get performance above what the slowest can give. Therefore,
time sensitive transactions do not store their data on NFS disk files.

I never claim that my 3390 will replace the local 3390 disks. My product can
work good with Hercules and real MF as well. Right now not to process
million of DB2 transactions but to be able o let the user recover the data
quickly even if the performance will not be the same as real local 3390.

>Those shops who are looking to have 'instant' disaster recovery already
need
speed, reliability, and support.

I can give immediately access to their data in the speed of the TCP/IP and
everything depend on how the TCP is configure and the hardware they use for
the TCP.

And yes, the TCP in MF was very slow because IBM use the TCP as software
which use the SNA etc. and that why the IBM TCP was bad. But is become
better and better and faster. IBM claim that they like to be big server and
I ask you how they going to do it without TCP in open system. You think that
they can force everyone to use Ficon? Can you imagine that MS and Lynux will
change their local disk to Ficon? TCP in MF is faster then ever and i know
that IBM understand that.

>What happens to the application when those PC's and their drives start
failing?

Please install my product and try it, and at least try to read my
documentation you will see that PC can mirror another PC and have backup
data there.

My product is a great solution to Medium and small sites at least at the
beginning. And I can assure you that also big company will or already use my
product for the backups, for replace real 3390 with another real 3390, for
DR and for remote sharing disk. The emulation 3390 feature can be used for
the restored 3390 which will allow you to access the data immediately.

Easily I can buy Ficon card fro bustech and create the speed of Ficon but I
want my product to use net and be the only one who give to MF what my
product bring.

And please try my product in MF and let everyone know about your experience.
To download it use www.mfnetdisk.com

Thanks,
Shai