I think I am missing something in my usermod.  I have source that needs to be
in a usermod.  I have tried ++SRC and it keeps trying to assemble the source.
The source is an Earl Program.  So there is no assembly.

All I want to do is replace the current earl source with my modified one.  This
is so I can keep track when this changes.

++USERMOD(EJCUMOD) .
++VER(Z038) FMID(CL052B0)
          .
++JCLIN.                    /* JCLIN TO GET SRC COPIED. */
//JOB1     JOB 'ACCOUNTING INFO',MSGLEVEL=(1,1)
//STEP1    EXEC PGM=IEBCOPY
//SOURCE   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYSM.CA1.V115SP2.USERMODS.SOURCE
//CAISRC   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYSM.CA1.V115SP2.CAISRC
//SYSIN    DD *
 COPY INDD=SOURCE,OUTDD=CAISRC
 SELECT M=(TMEEJECT)
++SRC(TMEEJECT) TXLIB(EARLSRC) DISTLIB(CAISRC) .

The copy part works, but the APPLY tries to assemble it (which of course
failes).  I have been reading the SMPE Reference and user's guide.  But I still
am not connecting the dots.